This is an interesting opportunity to have a peek at a watch before it hits the crowd funding platform Kickstarter on January 1st 2017.
Featuring an ETA 2895-2 movement, domed sapphire glass, open case-back and calf leather racing strap with deployment clasp.
They are now back with their 100% Swiss made automatic that prides itself on classic British design, Swiss precision and – most importantly to the consumer – affordability.
They will be bringing the Tourer to early Kickstarter backers at a price of just £325.
Will Boddy, Co-founder of Boston & Stewill, said, “We are really excited and proud of the Tourer. It encapsulates everything that we at Boston & Stewill think a watch should be – classic British design, a fine Swiss movement and, most importantly, affordable.”
Detailed Watch Specifications
– Calibre 11 1⁄2” ETA 2895-2, 27 Jewels, Swiss Made
– Hour/minute/small second function
– Calendar (Date) Opening at 3 o’clock
– Rotor engraving with Boston & Stewill
– Round, stainless steel 316L, 42mm
– Lug width 20mm
– Polished finish
– Fixed bezel
– Water resistant to 5 ATM
– Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment
– Open case-back – mineral glass
– Non-integrated calf leather racing strap. Width 20mm tapering down to 18mm.
– Two variants – Black with red stitching or Black with royal blue stitching
– Boston & Stewill name embossed on rear
– Stainless steel 316L deployment buckle
– Two side pushers opening system
– Two variants
– White with royal blue hands or Black with white hands and small red second hand
Unlike other brands on Kickstarter, we aren’t out to ‘disrupt’ or ‘redefine’ watch markets, we simply want to build a strong British brand that offers affordability and unique design without compromising on quality.
Our USP for the Tourer has two angles:
1. Our Britishness. Other than Bremont and Christopher Ward, there are very few British watch brands out there who are making mechanical watches.
Bremont are classed as high end luxury watches, not accessible to most people and Christopher Ward have begun to veer into the higher end of the spectrum.
There are plenty of fashion watches (generically made with a reprinted dial of a brand’s logo) on the market at the moment but this is a saturated and exhausted market.
We want to offer customers a quality British watch that doesn’t break the bank – an area of the market that seems to be showing a gap.
2. The affordability of a Swiss Made auto – We have been pitching the Tourer as possibly the most affordable Swiss Made automatic watch on the market.
“There are very few watches that offer the movement, domed sapphire crystal, open case back and calf leather strap at our RRP (£650/$825) let alone what we will offer the watch to early backers on Kickstarter at”:
(First 50 backers = £325/$410)
(Next 100 backers = £350/$440)
(Next 150 backers = £375/$472)
(Remaining backers = £400/$503).
Email: email@example.com .